Recipe inspired by bromabakery.com.
Sweet tooth? Us too. Here is a delicious and easy cookie recipe that will change the way you make cookies forever. Don't say we didn't warn you!
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup espresso-grind coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Brown the butter over medium heat being careful not to burn. Set butter aside and allow to cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and mix the cooled brown butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, mix together the flour, espresso powder, salt and baking soda. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until everything comes together.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least a half hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the cookie dough out into balls placing them 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or desired gooey-ness.